Products and Services
As hands-free and autonomous driving technology arrives in more vehicles, DMP North America believes trust is essential to consumer adoption of hands-off driving technology. We support OEMs in increasing driver confidence in this new technology by providing reliable and accurate map data. We work diligently to avoid gaps or edge cases that may result in any loss of customer trust.
Predicated on ground truth and an absolute-accurate map, DMP NA creates products that are customer-centric, flexible, evolving, safety-focused, robust, and cost-efficient.
Our best-practices approach and attention to quality enables quick development, HD maps that are uniquely reliable and affordable, and provide the world’s most advanced driving systems with unparalleled confidence and superior vehicle control.
Automotive HD Map
In 2017, DMP NA’s HD Map product became the world’s first HD map used in mass production. The result of a decade of collaboration with OEM ADAS engineers, the HD map contains qualified features which establish the L2 ADAS system’s operational design domain (ODD), provide context to sensor fusion, and support intuitive handovers between driver and vehicle.
Highlights of DMP NA’s HD Map:
- Absolute accuracy of <15 cm RMSE of safety-critical road features
- Road-class coverage of more than 500,000 miles (805,000 km) in the U.S. and Canada
- More than 400 map attributes to select from
- Map updates to ensure a practical level of freshness
- DMP’s quality assurance methods ensure the highest delivered attribute completeness and accuracy for both new coverage and map updates
Fully customizable options:
- Map format. DMP NA can publish in any format including XML, CSV, compressed ATD, NDS, and NDS Live. Our default format is a PostgreSQL-based “UDBX” format which is exceptionally easy to integrate.
- Map attributes. During DFMEA and HARA discussions, we work with the OEMs to identify attributes that are essential for vehicle control. These include both observable and virtual road features. The customization of map attributes reduces the map data storage footprint and conserves the OTA budget.
- Curvature algorithm. OEMs often have their own proprietary curvature algorithm for lane centerlines, but if not, DMP can provide its curvature algorithm. DMP’s curvature captures sharp transitions with customizable smoothness, without undesirable artificial oscillations, and with kinematic coupling to the reported trajectory. By dynamically removing shape points to provide optimized spacing, DMP has achieved data compression of up to 150X with minimal degradation in accuracy. This allows optimization between data size and accuracy based on OEM requirements.
- HD-SD Map Alignment. We are SD map agnostic. DMP can provide dynamic HD map-to-SD map alignment to any SD Map.
DMP North America’s software team continuously looks for new ways to improve our clients’ experience, development speed, and data compression.
ADM E-Horizon: Active Driver Map (“ADM”) e-Horizon software delivers lane-level detail about the road ahead of your vehicle for most-probable path planning. The road detail includes highly accurate 3D measurements of gradient, camber, curvature, and road features to enable precise vehicle localization, component optimization, and ride control.
- Horizon distance of up to 2000 m ahead and 200 m behind
- Optimized for automotive-grade embedded hardware (QNX, aarch64)
- Calibratable parameters for enhanced target hardware performance
- Compatible with Open Drive 1.4 for simulation testing
- ISO-26262 ASIL B(D) process compliance
- Road Features Include: Point Features, Unsafe Stretches, Lane Level Attributes, Path Level Attributes, Most Probable Path Definition, On/Off Ramp scenarios
ADM Data Store Update Module: On-Vehicle software to update the HD Map when there is a new map or software update.
ADM Data Store Update Management Module: In-Cloud software that determines the difference between the latest available HD map on the cloud vs. the current map on the vehicle, prepares the update package and pushes it to the vehicle.
Other Software Solutions in Production
- Delivery Review Tool – Map viewer available for OEM and Tier 1 developers for product life-cycle support
- Database Conversion Tool (OpenDRIVE) – Software converter to OpenDrive 1.4 for simulation
- Web Coverage Layer – Map viewer available to car buyers and dealers to show the availability of a hands-free system
In addition to its Maps and Software, DMP NA offers expert engineering services to clients’ ADAS and AV development teams.
Data Analytics for ODDs
DMP NA’s map database is constructed in a way that allows us to identify road segments with specific characteristics anywhere within the map coverage area. OEMs and Tier 1s can leverage this capability in order to do scenario planning with Operational Design Domain (ODD)
Some examples are:
- Identify all road segments with specific slope, camber, speed, and curvature characteristics
- Quickly find edge cases for vehicle tests within the ODD, e.g., curves with negative cross-slope
- Generate and evaluate client test route statistics
Simulation for ADAS/AV
DMP NA can also export data in OpenDRIVE or .fbx file for integration into leading CAE simulation tools for ADAS and AV feature validation and testing.